25 years...... What's new? Karma writing competition MBUK

Re: 25 years.............. What's new?

dyna-ti":2wppy1lj said:
Bikes have increased to several thousand £££'s :shock:

Top end US imports with full bling kit always cost £3500-5k even back then but we were earning a lot less if course :LOL:

Not afraid to admit I still prefer the old bikes, dont even own a modern bike.

I was about to step up to more capable bikes, after bashing around for about 6 years on my Raleigh Bighorn thru Jr. high and High school. I'd ridden it to death, broken every part on it (except the front axle) in its time, warrantied the frame 1x and the fork 3x over those years.

Not so long after that article, I got my Hardrock FS ('94), and dove fully down the rabbit hole. It's been a hell of a ride.

J

You can have it:

Post on the thread on n less than 100 words:" I want to go back to 1992 because ........."

Best gets it free uk postage. Will decide at the weekend.

Good karma to you all!

Re:

I want to go back to 1992 because that was the year I bought my first mountain bike. A Univega Rover in red! Hi tensile steel and poor components :facepalm: I did not know about MBUK back then, however, if I had I could have made a much wiser choice!!! I feel that with this edition I could go back to 1992 and make a decision on what I should have bought instead. Then, once I have found my chosen steed, I can look for it as my next project and relive that year properly. :D

I make that 98 and two thingies. Top job. Should've made it 92 words.

Or a haiku is acceptable:

Karma ninety two
Days of glory magazine
Objects of desire.

Re:

I want to go back to 1992, because I left my jaw and many braincells in various fields around the south of England, and I could use them again now

I'm braving a Haiku....

Mint Sauce Field of Dreams
Dry Hot Summer Riding Free
Thank You 92

:)

Back