What year is this stumpy please?

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Car boot visit on saturday, I normally find something, a dvd, milk jug or a useful 50p tool, but nothing except this, nice welds, no cracks I could see, nice detail of the 'S' on the top tube gusset but ridden as it was meant to be and a broken replaceable hanger he wanted £30.. :shock: , laughed and walked, next time around it was someone else on the stall, It came down in price considerably and.... I had to take something home :LOL: but Sometimes even I get stumped at dating frames (no pun), I guess it at mid-late 90's which is where I usually lose interest in bikes but I cant find a catalogue in the archive section with this in.

so help me please, Specialized stumpjumper M2 I can get but just bugged as to the year, second pic is the frame number.

IMG_20161022_105033_zpst7dbaxwo.jpg

IMG_20161022_105041_zpsdheclxcq.jpg

Cheers
RBG

I think Specialized changed downtube decals 97 onwards from model name to Specialized. So I would say it has to be 97 or later.

Sparrow":6su70gtk said:
What do these decals say? Mine says "World Champion 1991 1992" Which is how I first had an idea...
spec1_zpsmk2rnirh.png

spec_zpszohfumo7.png

Handmade in the united states on the seat tube and mountain bike world champion on the downtube
legrandefromage":6su70gtk said:

Now thats looking like it LGF

Re:

I'm amused by the '6061' stamp next to the serial no.

Assuming this means what it normally means when stamped into a frame, I guess we now know what "Specialized M2 Metal Matrix Composite" means..? ;)

Back