Steve Peats 1993 kona hei hei

fitzroybikeco":16ixitlh said:
Possibly an M122 but sticker is looking closer.

I am thinking it's an Impes.
The M122 has steel eyelets and no central ridge. I can rule out the Polar as well, as that was a deep V-section rim. From another source, the Ciocco 91 looks like a possibility, but the cross section appears deeper than the Impes. The numbers associated with the rim names look like date codes, so Impes 192 looks like a 1992 year of introduction, which would fit well with Peat's machine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/ ... A65rim.jpg

Re:

Slowly collecting parts for this build. Just got back from the states with a nice haul.

Managed to grab a few parts for my Hei Hei build while I was in the states recently.
Onza Agressor Tyre - NOS
Kona Stem x 2 (one is pretty mint other one a bit longer)
Mud Shark shift covers
Handle bar shims
USE seatpost hardware - Red
USE seatpost Shim
Sugino mighty cranks
Lizard Skin Crank Boots (need to be red but can make some using these as a template)

Getting close to having most of the parts now. Just a few hold outs and the all important frame to find.

14708350_10154662506409365_3553810890756756904_n.jpg

Re:

Is it the rim which had the pronounced lip round the lip to prevent the brake blocks dropping into the spokes?

If so I have one (with no Decals but clearly a FIR rim) on a cracked Hope Fatso, will drop pics later

Re: Re:

It's the one in the pic below. be cool if you have one.

file.php

boxxer":328jkl9w said:
Is it the rim which had the pronounced lip round the lip to prevent the brake blocks dropping into the spokes?

If so I have one (with no Decals but clearly a FIR rim) on a cracked Hope Fatso, will drop pics later

i dont think that is a Ti velocity stem, i dont think they made them in 1994 but i could be wrong. The colour looks like it just a standard painted 94 model. The bike incidentally is a 94 model also, not 93.

fattiman":3rc0c2gf said:
i dont think that is a Ti velocity stem, i don't think they made them in 1994 but i could be wrong. The colour looks like it just a standard painted 94 model. The bike incidentally is a 94 model also, not 93.

Yeah I think your right. It's a Kona ti bar for sure. Have a frame on the way to so getting super close to start building this up. Managed to find the rims as well. When the frame gets here next week I will update with images and the final specs list.

russ

Back