Some advice on 'done' deals & deposits please

Well whatever you decide to do with the deposit, I certainly wouldn't sell him the bike and definately not at less than market value.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":232p508t said:
Sounds like it has all ended well. I have a mate who was sniffing around one of my motorbikes for years. He used to come over to my shed and help do bits and bobs, a lot on that bike. I put it up for sale locally and, out of the blue, he called me and asked me to keep it for a month, (of course I did not ask for a deposit).

The month came and went, and then another three did the same. Every time he told me his funds were short, and I said no problem, see how you are next month. Eventually the last month ended and he came over to the house, kind of hanging his head, and reckoned he was going to have to abandon the purchase. I told him I understood, and no harm done as I had a buyer lined up.

When he got back from walking the dogs the next morning, his wife had it sitting in their garden with a ribbon , balloon and a birthday card on it.

It is not worth falling out with anyone over a hundred pounds.

He's honouring our deal so I'm happy. :cool:

secret_squirrel":1wtscb1o said:
I wouldn't sell it to him at all now. How will you feel is if he flogs it for 2500 tomorrow. He's messed you around game over

If he honours the deal then that's fine and he doesn't lose the deposit.

Bullpup":2abgezmt said:
Well whatever you decide to do with the deposit, I certainly wouldn't sell him the bike and definately not at less than market value.

If he honours the deal then that's fine and he doesn't lose the deposit. I am happy with the deal and stand by my word and original verbal agreement.

Back