I'm not missing a bit, hooray :)

DrJo

Senior Retro Guru
Ola friendly retrobikers
Would appreciate some advice from the collective consciousness, please I purchased these off another member here but am slightly perplexed, it would seem the left hand shifter doesn't have a top tightening widget, is that right??

Answers on a postcard please, winners will be drawn in seven days, karma available for any lucky widget finder
Thanxeverso
DrJo

Attachments

• thumbshiters.jpg
    thumbshiters.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 528
Re:

Kermit is right, no need on the front and hence not part of the assembly. I have the same setup like you, with Paul Thumbies. Works very well.

Re: Am i missing a bit, if so does anybody have one :)

The collective knowledge here is awesome, already I know it's not necessary.... The left is friction thus doesn't have/need a widget. The right is for shifting from index to friction? 7/8 8/9 speed?... I'm so happy with these now.....

Correct, the right switches in and out of friction. Count the clicks - it's the number of gears -1. So six clicks is 7 speed. There is an extra bit past the last click, which some people use to run 8 with 7 speed shifters, it's approximately right. For more speeds it all gets too tetchy to get away with though.

Back