Magura to V adapter problem

Photogaz

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

I'm building up a '94 Cannondale frame and fitted some Onza alloy forks that have Margura fittings.

I got some adapters off eBay but they seem to small... am I missing something stupid?

Cheers,

Gary.

Re:

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_5688.JPG
    IMG_5688.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_5689.JPG
    IMG_5689.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_5690.JPG
    IMG_5690.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 624
Re:

And for those interested, this is the build so far.

It's doesn't weigh a whole lot!

Attachments

• IMG_5691.JPG
    IMG_5691.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 622
Re:

I guess you know what you prefer but.. Why not fit maguras? Not as light as V but they are excellent brakes. I'm very happy with mine, most powerful rim brakes i've used. They can still be purchased new or easy to find a used set. You can get neat little adapter clamps which fit into the original brake cable locations in the frame so running hydraulic hose to the rear can look neat, no need tacky cable ties around frame tubes which many lazy or cheapskate builders do.

wondered where the forks i sold on ebay got to. looks like a nice build.

Re:

Haha!

Was that you? Small world eh?

I did think of getting some Magura's, but trying to use stuff up that I have.

So any idea on the adapter size?

The back of the frame has normal brake bosses, so either way something has to give :)

Re:

Can fit later Maguras on the rear with Magura EVO2 mounts (just a simple bracket which fits on the rear canti bosses).

An engineering workshop or some careful hand fettling at home and you can likely get the V working up front.

Re:

Damn it.

Just realised, the Magura's HS11's still won't fit as the brazed on mounts are to low...

Any ideas anyone?

Your fork is intended to work with either a 26" or a 24" wheel, so a Magura brake would mount to two of the four bosses on each side using adapter blocks like the ones in this auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351273418144

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back