Hi guys thought i would share my cleaning fluid mix

Good way to stop anything growing on parts or even bikes that aren't going to be used for a good while, great pars washer paraffin or methylated spirits

The History Man":10tfjps7 said:
I put my parts in this mixture but couldn't last more than a few minutes.

They swelled up something rotten.

It can do that to rubber. Try it without the rubber next time.

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1cms0s0v said:
similar to you Adruzz,

Start with white sprit and old tootbrushes, paint brushes. Rinse under hose, then bucket of soapy water before rinsing off.

As I did this evening, before darkness beat me :roll:

And no, I don't mean Justin Hawkins! :LOL: :LOL:

Muz

:LOL: :LOL:
giphy.gif

I recently had a big pile of scaffold clamps to clean, they are very rusty as they have sat in my drive maybe 20 years. The one on the right is typical of what they look like, the one on the left has been in molasses a week. I tried the molasses as I have been meaning to for years.

Attachments

• rust-be-gone.jpg
    rust-be-gone.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 441
integerspin":xww8r4ev said:
I recently had a big pile of scaffold clamps to clean, they are very rusty as they have sat in my drive maybe 20 years. The one on the right is typical of what they look like, the one on the left has been in molasses a week. I tried the molasses as I have been meaning to for years.

Now that's impressive :cool: ..

integerspin":1i5wdpel said:

Out of interest was the nut reasonably loose as well?

Back