Judy FSX +22yrs old needs help or replacement

I think I will opt for the Englund Air Kit.

for those of you who have asked, sorry, but I am not interested in a sale or trade of it

thanks

Todd

well I bought the Englund Air Cartridge Kit off of eBay for an insane amount of money!!!!!!!!

but this way I get to keep my fork, which is really important to me! nostalgia thing

now I may need help figuring out how to install it? maybe the instructions are really good, or maybe I'll have to take it to my LBS

Todd

Thias":bh43b1hy said:
You have to check your stantions first. Then you might decide to go for a whole new fork altogether ;)

how do I check the stantions and for what?

the mistake I made was I hung it upside down by it's tires in the garage for a few years while I transitioned through a divorce. went in the garage one day and there was a puddle of oil on the floor and one of the plastic endcap's threads had about 1/4 of it's threads broken off.

carefully screwed the endcap back in and went for a ride, where I now experience the "thud" whenever I first pull-up the front wheel to go over something like a log.

thanks for whatever help you can give me!

Todd

could be, I don't know what that is other than a part inside the fork. I bought one of the Englund Air Kits for it so hopefully it will be an easy disassemble and install the new...

Re:

Best advice that anyone can give you, is that these forks are built with some fairly delicate and detailed bits ... so don't manhandle them as you dismantle or re-assemble them, or you'll end up breaking something difficult to replace. A careful hand and a gentle twist of any tools gets the job done ....

Re:

k-rod":1h6yzmkp said:
Best advice that anyone can give you, is that these forks are built with some fairly delicate and detailed bits ... so don't manhandle them as you dismantle or re-assemble them, or you'll end up breaking something difficult to replace. A careful hand and a gentle twist of any tools gets the job done ....

Please can you tell me which these "fairly delicate" bits are? I'm not sure I've ever seen these when stripping down Judy forks for maintenance?

@ OP > have you checked that the stanchions and bushes are in good condition? You have bought the Englund kit which has the potential to improve the function of the fork through better damping and an air spring as opposed to the original elastomer. (Not sure how the air spring compares to a coil spring?). However, this kit won't magically fix corroded stanchions or worn bushes.

Taking apart and servicing rockshox Judy's is easy - you'll be fine. :)

Back