Who made alloy MTB SS frames with no gussets - It's here!!

Re:

Will have a proper look in the daylight and get it all polished up properly, just in case spending some time on it shows up any other issues....although a quick going over with a torch around all the usual weak point seems to point to it being OK elsewhere....

Re:

Having all the patience of a small child....I've been out in the workshop with wet and dry!! This makes it look like there may still be a hairline crack to the right, but there definitely isn't, and nothing inside the tube.

What's the verdict, don't worry about it and ride it as is? I weigh 10st. if that helps, and am only 5'6", so there's not much leverage going on!!! :p

Attachments

• Frame crack II 003.JPG
    Frame crack II 003.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 277
That don't look to serious Kaz but if you could get hold of a seat clamp with a deep banding then that would help strengthen the damaged area of the seat tube ..

Re:

Hmm, just been looking at it again and still not convinced there isn't a crack there past the hole. Trouble with a deep clamp is, it will foul on the welds.

Have messaged Danson, see what he says, can't think it's worth spending a lot on now....

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":3bq2ziem said:
It's arrived! :mrgreen:

With this....which certainly hasn't happened in transit.... :evil:

Ive a similar crack on my Ti and the framebuilder addressed it with a considerably deeper seatclamp.

These extended tubes coupled with a long post and it all flexes at the bottom of the seatclamp.

Re:

Cheers chaps, I'll probably give that a go then. Any recommendations for the sort of clamp you mean, it's a 31.8, can't see a lot on line but then I don't really know what I'm looking for!!

Back