What was made in the way of nice looking 7 speed thumbies?

Xc pro's are Cool ! , well i loved them to bits back in the day on my old Muddy and i'd love another set given the chance ;) ..

I have XT pro 8 speed thumbies (they can set to 7 or 8 speed) with an XT 839 8 speed rear mech, sunrace 8 speed cassette and an 8 speed chain (can't remember what make) and it all shifts perfectly :)

Re:

Thanks chaps, had a look at the XC Pro ones and they do indeed look a lot better than the Shimano equivalent IMHO. Could well be the way I'll go, probably just across 7 gears not 8....

Re:

I have always used XC Pro thumbies and always on 8 speed shimano set-ups and never had any probs shifting wise.

Hi Kaz ,
I spotted these on the bay ,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suntour-XC-pr ... 1c58c14165

Their a little worn in appearance but atm are fairly cheap unlike some of the others on there which are a tad expensive imho opinion but just thought they may be worth a gander .

Ian

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
foz":1a1wlfgs said:
I have XT pro 8 speed thumbies (they can set to 7 or 8 speed) with an XT 839 8 speed rear mech, sunrace 8 speed cassette and an 8 speed chain (can't remember what make) and it all shifts perfectly :)

XT pro 8 speed thumbies ?
XT 839 8 speed rear mech?

Ductape":2s66tt26 said:
foz":2s66tt26 said:

XT pro 8 speed thumbies ?
XT 839 8 speed rear mech?

Probably like these
file.php
for the 8speed MicroDrive setup

and I would guess M739 mech ?

Re:

Also Pauls mounts and find some roadie levers (not cheap option)

Sunrace SLM96 but I think they are 8/9 speed in index mode. (no idea what they look life in real life)

Latest posts

Back