Show us your (Marin) Boingers!

Re:

Oh yes...

6fbktz.jpg

And let's not forget...

3148hm8.jpg

doctorstewie":16uo4fe3 said:
It's remarkable to me that this basic design is still being used, experimented on and generally mucked about with so many years after it's introduction. I am now keen to get hold of one of the Tara bikes, and a Quad link to compare them. My partner has just scored a TARA (Wolf Ridge 2003 ) and I have my eyes on a cheap quad link in my size on ebay. Having tried the TARA bike it's pretty much the thing I am looking for for more current riding ( more travel at each end and disks ) but having almost sold the Rift, and avoiding it, I am glad because it's perfect for the riding I used to do. And I'll be doing some more of that at some point ( plus it's a recreation of a bike that meant a lot to me)
My thoughts exactly!
I fell in love with Marin's (Whyte's?) X-frame years ago - there's something just right about it. And it influenced a couple on here. I think every shed should have one in it but I'm also keen on trying the later developments although they're not nearly as lovely.

UB: Lovely! both of them :) Still got em? And yes: I have a lead on a TARA bike and am looking out for a cheap Quad link bike too ( last one escaped...) . Gaz: yep, I think there are 4 for the X frames.
UZ: I got mine for £51 on ebay but you can expect to pay anywhere from that to a couple of hundred for a good one. I have seen them very, er, optimistically priced but forget those ones. This one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marin-Mount-V ... 1a037a6e7b looks about right for size and has a heap of nice bits on it. I reckon it'll go for about 200.

This one, possibly around 60 - 100 - depending on punter determination :) It's got the better girder type swingarm, though it looks bigger than the 17.5 the seller says it is: may be worth clarifying. needs work though :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
My latest boingy Marin is ready.

Stuck bearings in the swing arm - check

Worn bushings in the rear shock - check

Mish mash of parts - check

Built for under £90 - check

Pics soon...

*enough parts left over to build a whole new Marin boingy - check!

Re:

Been fettling a bit, fitted some new tyres. Gears changing still isn't 100% and getting the odd clicking from the left pedal I think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 797
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 797
Back