Light 26.6mm seat post

Re:

What do you consider light for a 350mm post?

Could you try a smaller size+shim? That way you'd have more options.

Re:

250g or less? I'd like to not use a shim if possible. I have a Kalloy with a steel head at the moment which is 363g :shock:

Re:

250g is gonig to be a tall order. A lot of carbon posts are heavier than that in the 350+ size.

American classic and Kalloy Uno should both be in the 260g +/- range.

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":11b3qe8n said:
250g or less? I'd like to not use a shim if possible. I have a Kalloy with a steel head at the moment which is 363g :shock:

I am fairly certain that this etc seatpost would save you a bit of weight compared with your kalloy post especially if you cut it down to 350mm length. A 27.0 size of the same seatpost which I ordered weighed 322g. I'd estimate than each inch but off would save between 10-15g. The etc post comes with alloy head parts. So if you cut off 2 inches, that's maybe 30g less. Then the alloy head is probably another 20-40g saved. Just an estimate though.

A cheapo Truvativ post would give you similar weight savings as they also have alloy heads.

Alternatively you could try this UNO seatpost and shim it with a coke can. One wrap of coke can should add roughly 2mm, which is just about what you would need and would add neglidgible weight. The post is listed at 260g for 350mm length.

Did you mostly just fancy a nicer seatpost? Or is your main goal to save weight?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Just got a brand new Thompson 26.6mm for £25! :D not much more than a cheap-o post and at 230g claimed weight, very light too.

Back