Pulstar Hubs

i'm sure my mate got some of these as OEM on a Parkpre he bought in the mid nineties, a la Marin and White Industries.
guessing these would have been the cheaper ones but not sure how you tell the difference!

Re:

crfoot":17i0vj4z said:
Had some on a 95 Parkpre.. The rear blew 3 times. Looked great, but reliability was a problem

I'm sure the O.P has now maed up his mind, but having come across this thread I just had to comment

I've used them since the mid-ninties when I bought a s/h ex race bike with them on have always had at least one set ever since, Aside from the fact they can be difficult to tension the spokes as they can rotate in the hub body, the only thing that surprises me is the fact they go often go for small money....

They do build into some awesome snow flakes, Only bettered IMHO by a Clark Kent Pineapple hub

And Yes these do get ridden, and I'm heavier and clumsier now than I've ever been

Attachments

• post ride wash.jpg
    post ride wash.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 668
  • Snow Flake.jpg
    Snow Flake.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 666
I had a set of NOS pair of these in purple.
Should have kept them, sold them to someone on here a while ago for £30 :facepalm:

I dont think he's likely to see the reply :LOL:

There was some sort of whisper doing the rounds about the freehub on the rear being poorly designed and prone to shearing :?

Never heard about a product recall so the legend could be just a matter of a few of the usual suspects who broke everything anyway :?

Some nos pairs currently on ebay uk
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat ... hub&_frs=1

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
There's two types of free hub on these
The TK type that screws on and a shimano style one
I made adapters for the shimano free hub to TK style hub
The early usa ones are far nicer made and finished , the Asian ones look a bit gaudy in comparison , still very sexy hubs tho

Mike

Re:

Old Bernard Unnassoblsay used em.... and who can for get his 2nd place at the Reebok Eliminators :shock:

Attachments

• 1192Pulstar.jpg
    1192Pulstar.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 616
Back