87 Muddy Fox Courier tip find

gerryattrick

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Went to the local dump on the weekend and found this. I think it's all original kit.

TBH the photo makes it look a lot better than it is. Spokes are rusted to hell, lots of rust on frame and headset, but it is solid and components seem fine. I'll probably be splitting it, keeping the Suntour/Sugino/Dia Compe stuff, handlebars and seatpost and returning the frame(23")/wheels to the dump.

I know there's a lot of love for these bikes on this site, but this one really would take too much time and cost too much for me to renovate. If a MF owner wanted a real challenge I'd send them the wheels (or hubs plus Araya rims without spokes) at courier cost. The original MF saddle could also be sent at postage cost. The hubs are the wide flange Muddy Fox marked rims.

Attachments

• IMG_2677.JPG
    IMG_2677.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 506
Re:

Yours if you want them LGF. I won't be able strip & post until around two weeks. Hopefully there'll be no problems stripping the headset & BB.

I'll put up some better pics that show the rust properly and I don't mind if you change your mind. In my opinion it will need repainting.

I'll PM you with progress.

legrandefromage":2uqm9699 said:
put me down for postage costs!

frame/ wheels etc

I like a challange

You're made of stronger stuff than I Mr Cheese. Thought my latest project made me braver that a kirk precision owner !

Back