Unknown retro MTB

SMiZ

Dirt Disciple
Hello,
I'm seeking for the history of this unmarked retro bike. If anyone have information, please kindly give an advice.
Thank you very much.
Sal M.
BKK, Thailand

Attachments

• 3 RENCHO_01.JPG
    3 RENCHO_01.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,521
  • 3 RENCHO_02.JPG
    3 RENCHO_02.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,521
  • 3 RENCHO_18.JPG
    3 RENCHO_18.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,521
Know nothing im afraid, but your post was about to fall off the page :)

I look with concern at what looks like the seat stay bridge and stays having bolt holes through them. There doesnt look like theres much metal either side of it. Probably fine but big holes through tubes is not a great idea
Then theres the thought as to why its been built this way :? Could it be a travelling frame so you can dismantle at least part of it .

Looks very clean and looked after anywhay. Is the STX complete, hubs etc.

Some more pics maybe, especially around those stays :?

Never a fan of folding stands though :LOL: and if thats original it could be a note as to its use and origins

That is a nice looking frame. I like it.

It is certainly not foldable. There is no joint near the BB.
I also have no idea, what manufacturer this could be from.
But the Production year might be around '95 because of the STX groupset.

I've found other similar frames in Thai seconded hand market mostly imported form Japan. The frame material range from light aluminum to carbon. The owners have no idea what brand is. Is this fram may be a custome frame from Japan house?

It reminds me of my sakae litage frame. The one I have is from 91. And the aluminium bondage is similar. Maybe some improved 95 model?
Those torx screws are rather unusual for that time..

Koga Myata had similar details, too:
173966875_75ccae92ae_b.jpg

Thanks Thias, I've got a Miyata Ridge Runner that has similar bondage. The MTB brand "Relax" is also has similar bondage but not exactly.

SMiZ":1n8twwao said:
Thanks Thias, I've got a Miyata Ridge Runner that has similar bondage. The MTB brand "Relax" is also has similar bondage but not exactly.

...So it's Thai-ed up???

(Sorry: your English is very good, but English is a language that's very friendly to puns.)

Back