BOTM

Re:

hmm, i don't know what to say here really.

pete's comment of "if you haven't got anything nice to say etc", well i said that i while ago on a thread so i guess that's aimed at me as you grumbled at me at the time. when i said it i seem to remember there were alot of people ganging up on one member, so i apologise for trying to make a newbies first few posts a little less of a target, ok he was a bit odd but whatever, i was only trying to help, i must remember never to do that in the future, maybe i should join in and have a go at all newbies in the future when they make what is deemed to be a faux pas by the regular/knowledgable members.

regarding binning a bunch of stuff said on the BOTM thread well, i don't mind the arguments as such, talking about what you would vote for and why and your criteria for that vote is fine, what was written was abuse plain and simple so i binned it, then cleaned up the responses as otherwise it would have looked like a fragmented thread.

so perhaps next time i should leave all the abuse there?

damned if i do, damned if i don't.

any body want to be a Mod? if you think you know better why don't you offer your help to John? give something back to the forum? there's no pay and occasionally you'll get stick from other members for helping out for free, in your own time, when you could just be looking at shiny bikes but that's all part of the experience, it's great really.

:roll:

Wow, first nomination for BGBOTM. My comments were aimed at a number of people who trot out the hippy love-in stuff every month as they did this month, you are only one of them and you weren't at the front of my mind when I wrote that, sorry.

Nothing said in these threads is any worse than everyone hears everyday. Yes, cut out racist shit and anything else illegal and ban the perpetrators, but banter, arguments and insults that aren't illegal should be left in. If it serves one purpose then it shows others who the arseholes are and means people can form clear, objective opinions of individuals based on all self damning evidence rather than watered down and sanitised. It also desensitises people to critiquing when they enter their bikes into a beauty contest rather than people acting like mummy's grump when someone doesn't think much of their pride and joy.

Re:

people don't need a load of sweary posts to work who the idiots are pete. for the record, i wasn't being a big girls blouse which is what i assume BGBOTM means, sometimes though i do get bored of being criticised when i'm just trying to help.

Re:

Couple of things.

I thought Rumpfy's post was pretty fair <can't believe I just said that, spit, etc etc>

For those that are complaining, the extreme alternative is the road botm. Incredibly dull, predictable and plain boring. In other words, be careful what you wish for.

Personal attacks on the internet: so 2010. Jog on.

I am all for Rumpfy getting roasted. He is a friend of mine and I know he can take care of himself just fine.

As far as the thread that was deleted; The dude posted a highly racial remark addressing a specific demographic of people that are no doubt represented on RBUK. I do not know how the remark was interpreted on the worlds stage, but it was way over the top for our culture.

Re: Re:

jonnyboy666":2q3pandk said:
so perhaps next time i should leave all the abuse there?

damned if i do, damned if i don't.

any body want to be a Mod? if you think you know better why don't you offer your help to John? give something back to the forum? there's no pay and occasionally you'll get stick from other members for helping out for free, in your own time, when you could just be looking at shiny bikes but that's all part of the experience, it's great really.

I was the first moderator for the MTBR VRC for quite a few year years.
You'll never make everyone happy, but I've found its best to undermoderate than overmoderate.
Removing the racist remarks was the right move.

Thankless job, but its fun.

Back