A great ride was had by all on Saturday’s Herefordshire Road Ride AKA The Welsh Borders Grimpeur. The full aftermath can be found here.
A few highlights
- Top selection of old steel (and it was only old steel) with The Guvnor on an early 90s EM Corsa Extra, Del on an early 80s Colnago Master, Dave on a mid 80s Colnago Master, the Alex’s on an 81 Bianchi and a 1990 Harry Quinn respectively and Ed on a relatively modern on a 1991 Zullo.
- Bike of the day has to go to Alex’s stunning Bianchi with just the right amount of pantographed kit and to top it off he was riding tubs. Chapeau, mon ami.
- Sandwich of the day goes to The Guvnor’s ‘pound of cheese in a loaf sawn in half’ lunchtime snack
- Del riding a classic Italian bike in a pair of Specialized mountain bike boots
- “three socks for a pound”. You had to be there.